Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organisation dedicated to elimination of extreme poverty. Currently, we have opening for the following core position:
Internal Auditor (1 post based in Dhaka):
The Internal Auditor is responsible for ensuring effective financial management within Concern Worldwide, Bangladesh and its partner organisations. This includes ensuring transparency, accountability, consistency and integrity throughout all of Concern�s activities in Bangladesh.
Major areas of responsibility:
- Conducting risk assessment through collecting information from respective management, reviewing various documents in line with risk estimation, identifying the risk factor and preparing a risk assessment statement. .
- Initiating the preparation of a model audit program based on international auditing standard and organisation�s policy, procedure and good practices
- Initiating audit program modification on a regular basis as required to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness; co-ordinating with Internal Audit Manager for obtaining approval;
- Ensuring continual updating of knowledge and understanding on international audit standards and best practices in NGO/ other internal auditing;
- Reviewing compliance, ensuring the organization is adhering to rules, codes or practice, ethics, internal guidelines and principles;
- Conducting audit in a professional way in accordance with international audit standard and identifying key observations;
- Preserving all required supporting papers in the working file that retained in accordance with the requirements of audit program and standard practices;
- Conducting exit meeting with auditee and programme focal person for sharing audit findings in a professional and supporting manner;
- Sharing with the auditees the result of the audit and agreeing appropriate corrective actions to remedy any non-conformances and the date by which the actions should be carried out;
- Organising effective wrap up meeting with respective management, Concern staff and auditee to share and agree findings ;
- Conducting investigation based on Terms of Reference (TOR) and identifying genuine facts;
- Participating actively in team planning and other meetings, working to set common objectives and goals and striving to ensure these are successfully achieved;
- Contribute to the process of implementing quality programmes by ensure that the HAP standard of accountability is conceptualized and effectively implemented throughout the organization, and at the country programme level.
- As part of Concern�s emergency response, you may be called upon within 24 - 48 hours notice to serve the organization anywhere in Bangladesh, In the event of this occurring, you will be briefed on your role and responsibilities by the Head of the RRRU and by the HR
- Masters Degree in Commerce, Accounting/ Management but preferable for Chartered Accountants (CA) Course completed.
- At least 3 years progressively responsible professional work experience in the area of Internal Audit;
- Detailed knowledge of current best practice in International financial and audit standards and regulations;
- Good understanding on organizational risk and control;
- Sound knowledge on current legal taxation and NGO Bureau regulation;
- Good understanding of development work in Bangladesh;
- Experience of working in international organization will be an added advantage
Job Description: Click here for download
If you feel that your qualification and experience matches with our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern�s values and vision, please forward an application with one page write up on your suitability for this position and a CV to: Concern Worldwide, Human Resources Department, House # 15 SW (D), Road # 07, Gulshan-1, Dhaka-1212 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Concern has a Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from abuse and exploitation.
Please mark the position applied for on the envelope or in the email subject line. Any canvassing will result in disqualification.
Closing date for applications: April 03, 2013
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.